For phishers COVID-19 is an opportunity
More homeworking means less face to face contact with your colleagues. Did you know that phishers are taking advantage of this situation?
Stay alert and keep the following tips in mind:
- Be extra careful with suspicious messages (e.g. about confidential or urgent actions).
- If a message contains one or more external links, be sure to check before you click.
- Does an e-mail have attachments? Check the origin and content of the mail first.
- If one asks you to act urgently as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, you need to think twice before you proceed.
- Check the identity of the sender by means of another communication channel (e-mail versus phone) whenever a question is odd, suspicious or unusual. When in doubt, talk about it with your colleagues.