- Contract type
Medior (2 - 7y)
Keytrade Bank is a young bank, where all IT systems traditionally were developed in house. Currently Keytrade Bank is moving to a model where we focus on customer experience and innovative products, relying a bit more on off-the-shelf products and services for the basic functionality. We take this opportunity to refactor our systems following microservices architecture and Domain Driven Development.
Next to this technical transition, Keytrade Bank has moved towards a customised Agile organisation at all levels of the bank. The Product Factory (for delivery) contains autonomous Feature Teams split by business domain instead of technology. Autonomous means that each team has all the skills needed for its domain, IT as well as business. On top of that each technology has its own chapter to share and manage the technical experience.
Working in a small bank - especially in autonomous teams - is very different than working in a big bank. Responsibilities are much bigger, knowledge broader. We have a very high growth rate and we are looking for motivated people willing to become part of our dynamic teams to help improve and transform its existing trading and banking system.
As a Junior Accountant, you will be part of our finance team and provide essential support to the daily accounting operations of our company. Your role will involve assisting senior accountants and contributing to the accurate management of financial information. You will work under direct supervision of the Head of Financial Control & Accounting and collaborate with other team members to achieve our financial objectives:
- Bookkeeping: Ensure accurate and timely entry of financial transactions into the company's accounting system. This includes managing supplier invoices, receipts, payments, and expense records.
- Financial Document Verification: Review and verify invoices, purchase orders, and other financial documents to ensure accuracy, compliance, and proper authorization.
- Preparation of Financial Reports: Participate in the preparation of periodic financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements. Ensure information is complete, accurate, and compliant with accounting principles.
- Support for Closing Activities: Assist in monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities. This may involve preparing journal adjustments, reconciling accounts, and verifying the accuracy of accounting data.
- Monitoring of Supplier Accounts: Collaborate with the team to maintain up-to-date supplier accounts, perform reconciliations, resolve discrepancies, and respond to inquiries.
- Administrative Support: Provide general administrative support, such as managing financial records, preparing correspondence, and coordinating tasks related to the finance department.
Education and experience:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
Competences (soft and hard skills):
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and financial standards.
- Familiarity with accounting software and proficiency in computer tools.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork mindset and ability to collaborate with team members.
Traits and drivers:
- You are motivated, proactive, autonomous, have an hands-on attitude
- You have the ability to challenge