IT delivery manager
- Contract type
You will work in our main office in Brussels as IT Delivery Manager for a cluster of application development teams within Keytrade. In this quality you will report to the CIO as Scrum of Scrum (SoS) of those Feature Teams that are assigned to you.
The role of Scrum of Scrum (SoS) @ Keytrade Bank
Keytrade Bank has transformed its delivery organization following the Agile methodology. Business and IT profiles now work together in product- or service-oriented Feature Teams where all the profiles needed to deliver the business value end-to-end are present: product owner, business analysts, scrum master, tech leads, developers, devops engineers, data engineers, testers,… All Feature Teams together – there are today 10 feature teams – make up the Product Factory of Keytrade Bank.
The business profiles in the Feature Teams report to the Product Owner, while the technical profiles – scrum master, tech leads, developers, devops engineers – report to the Scrum of Scrum (SoS).
Scrum of Scrums are experienced IT Managers, they manage a group of Feature Teams with the objective of maximizing the delivery of the team.
Positioning in the organization
- Reporting to the CIO
- Managing 2 to 3 development teams operating in Feature Teams: between 15 and 20 team members including scrum masters, developers, and devops engineers, both internal and external.
- Within IT, collaboration with the 2 other SoS’ses, with the Head of Infrastructure, the Head of the Technology Centre of Excellence, the Head of the CIO Office
- Within the Product Factory, partnership with the Product Owners of the feature teams, and with the business stakeholders of the Feature Teams in general (Marketing, Operations, Compliance)
- Impediments: assist Feature Teams in levitating technical impediments that cannot be solved by the team, define and execute action plans in order to avoid future occurrence of those impediments, liaise with other teams within IT (infrastructure team, TCOE, other feature team) to manage dependencies, develop KPIs and identify improvements with scrum masters, propose candidate topics for future technical projects, elaborate budgets
- Sourcing: manage internal and external (technical) resources in his/her feature teams, work out skills and performance reviews for internal colleagues, handle relationship with HR, recruiters, headhunters and providers, define the best sourcing approach (buy/make, make in/ext) in front of new business requirements
- Technology: in collaboration with the TCOE, drive the technology adoption and transformation initiatives related to the applications in scope of his/her Feature Teams: adoption of new technology and new architecture patterns, improvement of the development lifecycle, obsolescence management, documentation and knowledge transfer, DevOps and automation
Skills & Requirements
- Seasoned people manager and inspiring leader: more than 10 years of experience in the management of equivalent team structures – involving experienced internal developers and close relationship with business stakeholders
- Strong track record in solution delivery (design-development-testing) in complex application development environments. More than 10 years of experience is requested in solution delivery. Experience in micro-services development and DevOps is a must.
- Extended experience in the management of complex project portfolios involving at the same time projects in multiple modes (agile, waterfall), following multiple and changing priorities, with numerous dependencies. More than 10 years of experience in project management is requested.
- Platform (re-)architecture and technology renewal: platform architecture acumen and track record in complex technology transformation initiatives
- Experience in IT for banking, trading or equivalent financial services is a plus.
- Engineer, master degree in computer science, or any equivalent university or high school degree is a must.
- Fluent in two of the following languages: English, Dutch and French.
- Have a clean certificate of good behavior.